Zircon Grade A Sand per 25KG
Zircon sand (ZrSiO4) is a naturally occurring mineral, used in many strategic industries.
Refractories – Used for its high thermal stability and non-wetability against molten metals. Products include bricks used to line steel making furnaces and casting channels for refined steel continuous castings.
Advantages of Using Zircon Sand:
- Resists metal penetration and reaction with most alloys
- Does not react with iron oxide = prevent sand burn on defects
- Low thermal expansion = expansion defects eliminated
- Higher refractoriness than Silica
- Low acid demand value = can be used with all chemical binder systems
- Low binder requirement
- Reduced cleaning and machining
- High specific gravity and high thermal conductivity = castings cool faster than silica sand